The one in the middle surrounded by people is OBVIOUSLY the main character (Lee Dong Chul, played by Song Seung Heon). He's HOTT.
- Title: 에덴의 동쪽 / Edeonui Dongjjok
- Also known as: East of Eden, 伊甸園之東
- Genre: Action, romance
- Episodes: 56
- Broadcast network: MBC
- Broadcast period: 2008-Aug-25 to 2009-Mar-10
- Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
- Inserts: East of Eden OST, East of Eden OST 2
The drama will be about two men whose fates are crossed from the very first day that they were born. Both men were born in the same hospital. When he was a teenager, Lee Dong Chul witnessed the death of his father. From then on he promised to seek revenge on the man who caused his father's death, Shin Tae Hwan. But unbeknownst to everybody is the fact that Dong Chul's younger brother, Dong Wook, was switched at birth with Tae Hwan's son, Myung Hun. Dong Wook grows up to become a prosecutor and vows to help his brother seek revenge. But what happens when they find out that they're not brothers? What will Dong Chul do when he finds out that his real brother was raised by Shin Tae Hwan and that the brother that was beside him all these years is the son of his enemy?
- Song Seung Hun as Lee Dong Chul
- Yun Jung Hoon as Lee Dong Wook
- Park Gun Tae as Dong Wook (10 years old)
- Park Hae Jin as Shin Myung Hun
- Won Duk Hyun as Myung Hun (10 years old)
- Han Ji Hye as Kim Ji Hyun
- Nam Ji Hyun as Ji Hyun (10 years old)
- Lee Da Hae as Min Hye Rin
- Lee Yeon Hee as Gook Young Ran / Grace
- Dennis Oh as Mike Packard
- Jo Min Ki as Shin Tae Hwan (Myung Hun's father)
- Lee Mi Sook as Yang Chun Hee (Dong Chul and Dong Wook's mother)
- Lee Jong Won as Lee Gi Chul (Dong Chul and Dong Wook's father)
- Jun Mi Sun as Jung Ja (Gi Soon's mother)
- Park Hyun Sook as Yang Ok Hee (Chun Hee's sister)
- Jun So Min as Lee Gi Soon
- Jin Ji Hee as Gi Soon (9 years old)
- Kim Sung Kyum as President Oh
- Na Hyun Hee as Oh Yoon Hee
- Lee Won Jae as Kyung Tae
- Yoo Dong Geun as President Gook / Gook Dae Hwa (Young Ran's father)
- Shim Hye Jin as Young Ran's mother
- Yoon Dong Hwan as lawyer Kim Tae Seon
- Jung Hye Young as Janice / Jae Hee
- Shin Eun Jung as Yoo Mi Ae / Rebecca
- Hwang Jung Eum as Kim So Hyun
- Jun Sung Hwan as stationmaster Kim Gab Soo (Ji Hyun's grandfather)
- Lee Suk Joon as Father Han
- Kim Hyung Min as Wang Geon
- Go Yoon Hoo as Dok Sa
- Kwon Se In as young Dok Sa (10 years old)
- Park Chan Hwan as Chaeng
- Kim Hak Chul
- Park Geun Hyung as President Min (Hye Rin's father)
- Jung Young Sook as Bae Hwa Mi (Mr. Min's wife)
- Jung So Young as Min Hye Ryung (Hye Rin's sister)
- Park Sung Woong as Baek Sung Hyun
- Jung Yoon Suk as Yeon Sub
- Lee Hyo Jung
Dong Chul's shitty life as of episode 16/56:
-Him and his father were really close. His dad works in the coal mines, and this creeper named Shin Tae Hwan purposefully blew up the mines so the dad would die. WTF?
-Dong Chul vows revenge.
-Feuled by anger and vengeance because Shin Tae Hwan tried to burn their house down so he could have the land (WTF, ASSHOLE), the younger brother Dong Wook tried to burn down Shin Tae Hwan's home. Not wanting his brother to be captured, he took the blame and went to prison. HE WAS 15 YEARS OLD. He fought in jail and such and earned the respect of Wang Gun, who took him under their wing and they performed a jail break. It pisses me off though that BECAUSE OF HIS BROTHER THIS IS WHERE HIS LIFE TURNS SHITTY.
-UNFORTUNATELY. The person he thinks is his brother (Dong Wook) is not his real brother, but is really the son of Shin Taw Hwan, who is his sworn enemy and vows revenge. Not his real brother? WELL. Shin Taw Hwan had sex with this chick, and when she got pregnant, he had her KIDNAPPED and the baby TORN OUT OF HER. She survived (barely), and swore revenge for him killing her child. SO when Shin Tae Hwan really got married and his wife had a child, she switched the children. Dong Chul's real brother is Myung Hun, who was raised by Shin Tae Hwan.
-A while later, Dong Chul is a successful casino hounddog working for President Gook (FUCKING CREEPER), and while working for him gets beaten up/tortured like 5 million times. His sister-in-law (while he's in Macao, China) gets kidnapped and mobsters demand President Gook's daughter of their kill the child in his sister-in-law's stomach and make her eat it's intestines. I know. Nasty.
I can't even think of what else cause it makes me so angry and sad at the same time. I don't even know what to say. Ugh it makes me sad. I LOVE IT.
If you've never seen it...I know 56 episodes seems like a lot, but HOLY SHIT is it worth it. Trust me on that. ;D
This is a drama of betrayal and revenge, bloodshed and love. I love it, and it makes me happy. Sure, it's depressing, but I still love it.